Practical Nursing DepartmentStarts: 12 July, 2017
Duration : M-F 7:55am-11:00am 12:00pm-3:05pm
Phone : 580-310-2260
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Practical Nurse program offers full-time classes and clinical experience in preparation for a skilled career. Graduates of the program are eligible to obtain Practical Nurse licensure after successfully completing the National Council of Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses. Practical nurses work under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in a variety of health related areas. The program is approximately 11 months long with a total of 1463 hours.
- Medical Terminology CPR
- Nursing Concepts First Aid
- Pharmacology and IV Therapy Hepatitis B-3 doses
- Mental Health Varicella-2 doses
- Anatomy and Physiology TB
- Medical/Surgical I MMR
- Medical/Surgical II OSBI Background Check
- Fundamentals of Nursing High School Transcript or GED
- Pediatric Nursing 18 years of older
- Transition to Practice College Transcript if applicable
- Long Term Care
- Clinical I
- Clinical II
- Clinical III
- Clinical IV
- Clinical V
The application process in now open for the 18-19 class. Click here for the application. This application will be for the fall course which begins in July 2018 and ends the last day of June 2019. Follow the steps below to apply:
1. Complete an application for admission form.
2. Provide: Official copy of ACT taken within the past 5 year with overall score of 19 or greater OR
3. Schedule the TABE test (dates are listed in the admission packet).If accepted to proceed, you will be sent a letter informing you of the date/time for a mandatory informative session to attend. Following the informative session, applications will be reviewed and letters of acceptance or denial will be sent.
Cost of Program/Tuition, Fees and Books
Total In-District: $7,329.00
Total Out of District: $11,352.00
(Subject to change)
Residential Care Facilities
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For information concerning working conditions, physical requirements, employment and job outlook please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Salary information can be found at The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) Resource Center at http://www.onetonline.org/.
CIP: 51-3901 O-NET: 29-2061